Egypt is one of the most favorable destinations for the majority of tourists as it has a wide variety of landmarks & attractions in its gorgeous cities. If you want to spend your vacation in Egypt to visit its marvelous tourist sites, here are some of Egypt’s travel tips you have to know in order to guarantee that you have the best possible holiday in the land of Pharaohs.
Egypt Travel Tips & Hints
18 Egypt Travel Tips You Need to Know Before You Go!
- It is highly recommended not to drink from tap water and you should buy mineral water instead as it is cheap & plentiful.
- You have to take care of yourself while crossing busy streets like Cairo.
- Tipping is not obligatory in Egypt at all and that is why, feel free to do it or not, no one has the right to force you to do something against your will.
- You need to know all about the weather in Egypt and what the best time to visit Egypt is. It is generally the period between October & April. The weather during such a period is so pleasant and cool.
- Don’t forget your camera with you as it will be so important during your tours in order to take memorable photos while visiting Egypt’s highlights
- Don’t carry a lot of cash with you and it is much better to use your credit card which is acceptable in most of Egypt’s destinations.
- Put in mind that the internet connection is available in Egypt and you will have access to all of your accounts at the moment that you reach Egypt.
- In Egypt, there are different public transportation just like planes, cars, trains, taxis, Nile Cruises, and other vehicles. Arrange with your travel agency the best way of transportation so that you don’t get tired at all or face difficulty.
- In case you wanted to travel to Egypt as a solo traveler, you can let the receptionist of your hotel pick a taxi for you as in hotels, they have assigned taxis with professional drivers. If you have to go with a random taxi driver, you need to know the exact location of the place you are going to with the legible direction of the taxi.
- To be able to tour in any part of Egypt, you should ask the receptionist of the help desk to help you in such a matter as they know everything about the best travel companies, tour guides, drivers, private A.C vehicles companies, etc.
- If it is the first time for you to visit Egypt then it will be a very benedictional matter to know the best-recommended restaurants with the different types of food so that if you are a vegetarian or a one who needs his food to be lack out of gluten and so on. In Egypt, there are hundreds if not thousands of different restaurants in Egypt offering all types of Egyptian food so you don’t have to worry about that point, the only thing that really matters is your choice.
- While being on a group excursion and if you felt that the tour guide is in a rush or you don’t have enough time to do the tours, contact the travel agency right away to inform them of your complaint and they’ll fix the problem at the same time.
- You need to bring some personal items of your own that you may not find in Egypt including your medicine with prescriptions from your doctor. That is not all as you’ll need to have your suitable clothes “according to the time you’re visiting Egypt in” in addition to your sunglasses, sunblock, hat, hiking boots, wheelchair, and the other items that may look important to you.
- The most common question to be asked among tourists is: Is Egypt a safe country?? The answer to such a question will be; Egypt is a major tourist destination in the world because it is rich with its incredible landmarks & attractions and that is why the Egyptian government is doing its best to provide tourists who come to spend their vacation in Egypt with all of what they need from services and they also try to provide them with a secure atmosphere to ensure that nothing dangerous happened to them.
- Egypt is a very suitable family destination to spend your holiday in as there are places for families, parks for children, lovely sites to spend your time with your family is away from crowd places and noisy sites.
- Egypt is known for its fanciful Nile cruise packages that can be your best chance to visit all of the tiptop attractions in Luxor & Aswan.
- If you have a tour to Abu Simbel, don’t forget to ask for a breakfast box as the tour from Aswan starts early in the morning. The majority of hotels in Egypt offer such a service.
- Your travel agency should supply you with a SIM card to be able to communicate with your tour guide in case you get lost or even call a taxi whenever you have a need to.
Tips for Egypt’s Currency
You have to know that the Egyptian pound is the main currency in Egypt that is referred to as “LE” which is an abbreviation for “Livre Egyptienne”. One dollar equals 16.2 Egyptian pounds and this amount may change between a day and another and that is why you always have to check the value of dollar within the Egyptian pound to make sure that everything will be fine with you and you know the exact price of the items you want to buy.
Notes About Egypt’s Currency
- You have the ability to use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, all Euro cards, and JCB in different shops & hotels instead of carrying cash with you.
- In order to convert your money, it is much better to do this in Egypt as the value will be much higher and you can convert your currency in USD, GBP, or Euro, as they are acceptable in the majority of Egypt’s shops, stores, markets, and hotels.
- In case that you went out of money, you’ll still be able to get money wired from abroad as there are various Western Union branches in Egypt and the whole proves will take only minutes.
Choose A Good Travel Agency
Choosing the right travel agency can be the best decision you will ever do before traveling to Egypt. Your travel agency will be the one that is going to be responsible for your hotel accommodations, the choice of your Nile Cruise to tour between Luxor & Aswan, your drivers, your restaurants, and everything related to your tour. Check the reviews of tourists who joined the travel agency that you want to use first before the booking and read carefully their policy of payment, how to get in touch in them, and so on.
“Trips in Egypt” offers you to customize your own tour based on what you actually want to see & visit. You are so welcomed to visit Egypt any time you get a chance to and to ensure that you get your dream adventure, contact “Trips in Egypt”, the most qualifies travel agency that always looks for your comfort through its Egypt travel packages or its Egypt Nile cruises, checks the below tours and be touch with us.
Great vacation for 4 days in Cairo Egypt accompanied by an e...
4 Days / 3 Nights
An Incredible 5 days Cairo & Alexandria tour package to expl...
5 Days / 4 Nights
Explore Egypt's ancient wonders on a 6 days vacation to Cair...
6 Days / 5 Nights
Breathtaking 7 days Cairo, Luxor & Hurghada holiday to explo...
7 Days / 6 Nights
What Should I Wear While Being in Egypt?
You should wear whatever you want. It is advised to wear something light from cotton or linen, comfortable and put on sunblock during your time in Egypt in the summer and wear comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe to sustain the sandy terrain.
What to Pack for Your Egypt Tour?
You should bring a brimmed hat and sunglasses if you not used to the Egyptian sun &pack everything you could ever need and put in a small bag so you could move easily between your destinations.
Are All Nile Cruises Available at Any Time?
Yes, it is available all years. as the Nile from Aswan to Luxor takes three to four days of sailing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the total cost of 600$ and the Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan take four to five days in Saturday, Monday and Thursday for the coast of 650$.
Why book Trips in Egypt?
We have experience in vacation planning for more than 10 years & our staff consists of the most professional operators, guides and drivers who dedicate all of their time & effort create the perfect vacation. All of our tours are customized by Travel, Financial & Time advisors to fit your every possible need during your time in egypt. we always keep in mind that your safety & comfort are our main priority until you return home.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to travel to egypt, You will feel secure in Egypt as the current atmosphere of the country is very peaceful after the government took powerful measures like restructuring the entire tourist police to include all the important and tourist attractions in Egypt and construct an entire environment dedicated for ensuring the lives of all tourists.
What are Egypt's Visa Requirements?
They are very simples, If you want to apply for a Visa On Arrival that lasts for 30 days then you should be one of the eligible countries(check the link), have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and pay 25$ USD entry fee in cash. As for the E-Visa for 30 days, you should have a valid passport for at least 8 months, complete the online application, pay the e-visa fee then print the e-visa to later be presented to the airport border guard. You could be one of the countries eligible for a free visa for 90 days.
What is the Weather is Like?
The temperature of Egypt ranges from 37c to 14 c, Summer in Egypt is somehow hot and winter is cool and mild but sometimes it becomes cold at night. The average of low temperatures vary from 9.5 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 23 ¡ÆC in the summertime and average high temperatures vary from 17 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 32 ¡ÆC in the summertime while the temperature is moderate all along the coasts.
What is the Best Time of Visit Egypt?
It is known the best time to travel to Egypt is in the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze. You will also be notified a week before your trip if the weather is unsafe or if any changes have been made.
Should I Give Tips in Egypt?
It is totally up to you, but if you choose to you can tip the servers at your restaurant 5-10% by handing it to them directly and 5 Egyptian Pounds as a general tip of anyone.
Can I Enter the Pyramids?
Yes, you can enter the pyramids for the small fee of 20$.
How to Enjoy Egypt During Ramadan?
Ramadan is a special time of year for Muslims that should be celebrated by non-Muslims and feel the essence of the Islamic culture. You can fast with the Muslim or just observe but you are always welcome to join the celebrations and festivals.
Share Your Comment