Safaga red sea is a town that is famous for its black sand dunes and mineral spring, which is used for medical purposes, that is why it is considered a very important center in medical research. It is the best place for diving training and fishing competitions because of its pure air and clean beaches. It is the second big city in the Red Sea governorate. Through our article, you will know:
Safaga Red Sea Egypt
Location of Safaga
It is located in Egypt on the coast of the Red Sea 53 km from Hurghada. Safaga has a hot climate just like other cities in Egypt. Its average climate in the daytime is 35 c, it is hot in May, June, July, August, September and October and it is dry in January, February, March, and April, that’s a lot of tourists prefer to visit it during their trips in Egypt.
History of Safaga
His history dates back to the beginning of the 20th century. It was a marine port. It was founded between 282 BC and 268 BC. Safaga town was called Philotera by the pharaoh Ptolemy II who named the town in honor of his sister. It used to be a merchant port for many years. Safaga can be reached from Hurghada International Airport or by bus.
Top Tourist Attractions in Safaga
- The Oberoi Sahl Hashish: It is set on a sandy beach along the Red Sea. It has a fantastic hotel and restaurants. The hotel offers a private beach to enjoy the view.
- Turtles: It is the best place to dive in Safaga. The members of the crew are very nice and help you to get what you really want.
- El-Mallah: A great hotel with amazing rooms and fictional landscapes, that takes you to another world.
- Coral Sun Beach Resort: It’s the best place to meditate, relax, have fun, and enjoy with your family and friends because the service there is terrific and the view is gorgeous.
- Panorama Guesthouse & Restaurant: Food there is terrific and prices are reasonable.
Top Activities To Do in Safaga
- Day tour from Safaga to Luxor: The best way to discover more about the ancient civilization and culture is through visiting Luxor landmarks during your stay in Safaga such as the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi of Memnon and magnificent Karnak Temple.
- Quad Bike Safari: It is an interesting adventure in the desert, where you discover more about Egypt and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- Mahmya Island Getaway: It is one of the most beautiful reef areas along the Red Sea, where you see fanciful corals and swim with colorful fish.
- A Bedouin Village Tour: It’s the best tour with a 4×4 vehicle to meet some Bedouin Tribes and drink Bedouin tea.
- Red sea Snorkeling and Fishing Tour in Safaga: It is the activity, through which you can choose either snorkel, Swim, fish or just relax while seeing the colorful corals.
- A Tour to Abydos & Dandara Temples: Dandara Temple a temple that is dedicated to goddess Hathor, who is the goddess of love and joy. Abydos Temple a temple built by King Seti I and completed by King Ramses II.
- Trips to Cairo & Luxor from Safaga: You can enjoy while being in Safaga by having a trip to visit the attractions of Pharaohs including the great Giza Pyramids, the Sphinx, and the Valley Temple, Hatshepsut & Karnak temples, Valley of the Kings through a trip to Cairo and Luxor from Safaga.
Explore the Beauty of Egypt
One of the best ways to discover the enchanting allure of Egypt is our Egypt tour packages. You will explore the wonders of the ancient Egyptian civilization and witness the glory of ancient Egyptian Pharaohs with your own two eyes across the best cities of Egypt. You will get to watch Giza pyramids, experience the enthralling Nile cruise and cast your eyes on the charming attractions of Luxor & Aswan. Don’t miss the chance to live your dream vacation and book us now:
Great vacation for 4 days in Cairo Egypt accompanied by an e...
4 Days / 3 Nights
An Incredible 5 days Cairo & Alexandria tour package to expl...
5 Days / 4 Nights
Explore Egypt's ancient wonders on a 6 days vacation to Cair...
6 Days / 5 Nights
Breathtaking 7 days Cairo, Luxor & Hurghada holiday to explo...
7 Days / 6 Nights
What Should I Wear While Being in Egypt?
You should wear whatever you want. It is advised to wear something light from cotton or linen, comfortable and put on sunblock during your time in Egypt in the summer and wear comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe to sustain the sandy terrain.
What to Pack for Your Egypt Tour?
You should bring a brimmed hat and sunglasses if you not used to the Egyptian sun &pack everything you could ever need and put in a small bag so you could move easily between your destinations.
Are All Nile Cruises Available at Any Time?
Yes, it is available all years. as the Nile from Aswan to Luxor takes three to four days of sailing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the total cost of 600$ and the Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan take four to five days in Saturday, Monday and Thursday for the coast of 650$.
Why book Trips in Egypt?
We have experience in vacation planning for more than 10 years & our staff consists of the most professional operators, guides and drivers who dedicate all of their time & effort create the perfect vacation. All of our tours are customized by Travel, Financial & Time advisors to fit your every possible need during your time in egypt. we always keep in mind that your safety & comfort are our main priority until you return home.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to travel to egypt, You will feel secure in Egypt as the current atmosphere of the country is very peaceful after the government took powerful measures like restructuring the entire tourist police to include all the important and tourist attractions in Egypt and construct an entire environment dedicated for ensuring the lives of all tourists.
What are Egypt's Visa Requirements?
They are very simples, If you want to apply for a Visa On Arrival that lasts for 30 days then you should be one of the eligible countries(check the link), have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and pay 25$ USD entry fee in cash. As for the E-Visa for 30 days, you should have a valid passport for at least 8 months, complete the online application, pay the e-visa fee then print the e-visa to later be presented to the airport border guard. You could be one of the countries eligible for a free visa for 90 days.
What is the Weather is Like?
The temperature of Egypt ranges from 37c to 14 c, Summer in Egypt is somehow hot and winter is cool and mild but sometimes it becomes cold at night. The average of low temperatures vary from 9.5 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 23 ¡ÆC in the summertime and average high temperatures vary from 17 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 32 ¡ÆC in the summertime while the temperature is moderate all along the coasts.
What is the Best Time of Visit Egypt?
It is known the best time to travel to Egypt is in the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze. You will also be notified a week before your trip if the weather is unsafe or if any changes have been made.
Should I Give Tips in Egypt?
It is totally up to you, but if you choose to you can tip the servers at your restaurant 5-10% by handing it to them directly and 5 Egyptian Pounds as a general tip of anyone.
Can I Enter the Pyramids?
Yes, you can enter the pyramids for the small fee of 20$.
How to Enjoy Egypt During Ramadan?
Ramadan is a special time of year for Muslims that should be celebrated by non-Muslims and feel the essence of the Islamic culture. You can fast with the Muslim or just observe but you are always welcome to join the celebrations and festivals.
Share Your Comment