El Gouna is an amazing Egyptian touristic resort that is famous for its water sports such as scuba diving, snorkeling, water skiing, windsurfing, and many other interesting activities, and that is because it is rich with several beaches that provide all the necessary activities for the guests. The climate in El Gouna is called a desert climate. It is sunny most of the year. The average temperature is 23.1C. Here are all information need to know about traveling to El Gouna:
EL Gouna City
The Location of El Gouna
It is located on the Red Sea, 20 kilometers north of Hurghada. It is owned by “Samih Sawiris” who is an Egyptian businessman and the Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of Orascom Development Holding AG. He established this amazing resort in 1989.
The Weather Averages of El Gouna Along the Year
Summertime in the El Gouna region is always hot and always dry, therefore overcast or cloudy days are very uncommon. A characteristic summers day throughout May and June will feature pleasing sunny weather and enjoys average climates of 29ºC, with the sun shining down for an average of ten hours per day.
Best 3 Enchanting Places in El Gouna
There are three famous areas in El Gouna, which are “Downtown”, where you can find a lot of supermarkets, “Tamer Henna Square” which is a terrific restaurant where you can have all of your meals, and the “Abu-Tig Marina” which is now a well-established resort that has its own power stations, hotels, golf course, shops, a school, and an airport.
All What Makes El Gouna Resort Special
- It has more than 18 sumptuous hotels with 2895 rated from three to five stars that offer the best service to their guests.
- It hosts some Golf Courses, which are the best choice for those who love enjoying the beauty of nature.
A totally equipped hospital 24/7 for any medical treatment.
- This resort also hosts a small airport, an International school, and three marinas; Abydos marina that was established in 1929, the Abu Tig Marina that is the most popular marina in El Gouna and the Abu Tig Marina Extension that is the most exclusive location for shopping and dining places in El Gouna.
- A small Museum that contains 90 exhibits.
- A small Aquarium.
- Some tennis courts and a football stadium.
- House stables, some cafes, and restaurants.
- A mosque and a Coptic church.
Best Excursions to Do in El Gouna
- Scuba Diving: El Gouna is a perfect place for both learners and expert divers. Diving takes you to a bonny adventure to discover another world, a world full of magical creatures and bewitching scenery.
- Snorkeling Trips: It’s a recreational activity that can be applied in resort places just like El Gouna. It appeals to all age groups, as it doesn’t necessarily need a lot of effort.
- Super Safari Trips by a Quad bike: In such a trip, you can combine culture, entertainment, and adventure together as you can have sessions on the desert sand, riding a camel, walking up the hill, and seize the opportunity to see the view of the sunset.
Amazing Outdoor Tours from El Gouna
- Trips to Cairo from El Gouna: The most exciting thing to do while being in El Gouna is visiting Cairo attractions such as the Giza Pyramids Complex, The Great Pyramid of Khufu, the unique Sphinx, and of course the amazing Egyptian Museum. “Trips In Egypt” located in El Gouna Red Sea on Tripadvisor and provides a wide range of tours from El Gouna that covers the best sites in Egypt.
- Trips to Luxor from El Gouna: While being in El Gouna you have to take the advantage through Luxor attractions including The Valley of the Kings, unprecedented Hatshepsut Temple, emphatic Colossi of Memnon and no doubt Karnak Temple.
- Trips to Aswan & Abu Simbel from El Gouna: You have to visit Aswan’s highlights to see the true glory of the Egyptian Civilization. There you can visit: the great High Dam, the miraculous Unfinished Obelisk, Philae Temple and it’s a must to visit Abu Simbel Temple because of the fanciful beauty of its massive temples.
- Trips to Alexandria from El Gouna: Alexandria is considered to be the bride of the Mediterranean sea with beautiful beaches and lovely landmarks. While being in El Gouna, you can travel to Alexandria to witness the beauty of the Alexandria library, the Catacombs, magnificent Pompey’s Pillar, and the marvelous citadel of Qaitbay.
- Outstanding Nile Cruises from El Gouna: What is better than having a look at the whole world while being in a Nile Cruise with your family or friends.
Don't miss our day trip from El Gouna to Cairo by bus to vis...
Enjoy El Gouna to Aswan & Abu Simbel Tour Joined by professi...
2 Days / 1 Night
Enjoy 2 days El Gouna to Cairo & Alexandria tour to visit th...
2 Days / 1 Night
Amazing two days Luxor & Aswan tour from El Gouna accompanie...
2 Days / 1 Night
What Should I Wear While Being in Egypt?
You should wear whatever you want. It is advised to wear something light from cotton or linen, comfortable and put on sunblock during your time in Egypt in the summer and wear comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe to sustain the sandy terrain.
What to Pack for Your Egypt Tour?
You should bring a brimmed hat and sunglasses if you not used to the Egyptian sun &pack everything you could ever need and put in a small bag so you could move easily between your destinations.
Are All Nile Cruises Available at Any Time?
Yes, it is available all years. as the Nile from Aswan to Luxor takes three to four days of sailing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the total cost of 600$ and the Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan take four to five days in Saturday, Monday and Thursday for the coast of 650$.
Why book Trips in Egypt?
We have experience in vacation planning for more than 10 years & our staff consists of the most professional operators, guides and drivers who dedicate all of their time & effort create the perfect vacation. All of our tours are customized by Travel, Financial & Time advisors to fit your every possible need during your time in egypt. we always keep in mind that your safety & comfort are our main priority until you return home.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to travel to egypt, You will feel secure in Egypt as the current atmosphere of the country is very peaceful after the government took powerful measures like restructuring the entire tourist police to include all the important and tourist attractions in Egypt and construct an entire environment dedicated for ensuring the lives of all tourists.
What are Egypt's Visa Requirements?
They are very simples, If you want to apply for a Visa On Arrival that lasts for 30 days then you should be one of the eligible countries(check the link), have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and pay 25$ USD entry fee in cash. As for the E-Visa for 30 days, you should have a valid passport for at least 8 months, complete the online application, pay the e-visa fee then print the e-visa to later be presented to the airport border guard. You could be one of the countries eligible for a free visa for 90 days.
What is the Weather is Like?
The temperature of Egypt ranges from 37c to 14 c, Summer in Egypt is somehow hot and winter is cool and mild but sometimes it becomes cold at night. The average of low temperatures vary from 9.5 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 23 ¡ÆC in the summertime and average high temperatures vary from 17 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 32 ¡ÆC in the summertime while the temperature is moderate all along the coasts.
What is the Best Time of Visit Egypt?
It is known the best time to travel to Egypt is in the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze. You will also be notified a week before your trip if the weather is unsafe or if any changes have been made.
Should I Give Tips in Egypt?
It is totally up to you, but if you choose to you can tip the servers at your restaurant 5-10% by handing it to them directly and 5 Egyptian Pounds as a general tip of anyone.
Can I Enter the Pyramids?
Yes, you can enter the pyramids for the small fee of 20$.
How to Enjoy Egypt During Ramadan?
Ramadan is a special time of year for Muslims that should be celebrated by non-Muslims and feel the essence of the Islamic culture. You can fast with the Muslim or just observe but you are always welcome to join the celebrations and festivals.
Share Your Comment