Sharm El Sheikh is a city in Egypt that contains a smaller coastal town of Dahab and Nuweiba. It is the administrative center of Egypt’s South Sinai Governorate. It has a population of 73000 people. Through our article, you will know all things about Sharm El Sheikh include:
Sharm El-Sheikh City
It is considered a holiday resort that means a lot to tourism in Egypt. It is sometimes called “The City of Peace” which means that the city has special qualifications, which make it the first touristic destination choice for those who seek relaxation and peace.
Sharm El Sheikh History
Its history has begun in Jabal Musa where Musa has climbed the mountain and received two tablets, which include his ten commandments. By 639 AD, the Arabs had conquered Sinai and Sharm El- Sheikh came under the rule of the Ottoman Empire. Israelis were the first to turn this fishing village into an incredible touristic destination during 1967. After it had become part of Egypt again in 1982, the Egyptians expanded what the Israelis started and developed the touristic site. It began as a port. It had only one military port but in the middle of 1980, a civilian port started to be developed.
Location & Climate of Sharm El Sheikh
It is on a promontory that overlooks the Straits of Tiran at the mouth of the Gulf of Aqaba. It is in the South of the Sinai Peninsula on the coast of the Red Sea. Sharm El-Sheikh climate, it experiences a subtropical climate. Its typical temperatures range from 18 to 23°C. It has the warmest winter night temperature of resorts and cities in Egypt. Here are the average temperatures of Sharm El Sheikh along the year:
|Avg. Temperature (°C)||15.6||16.5||19.6||22.2||25.8||28.5||29.4||29.6||27.8||24.7||20.9||16.9|
|Min. Temperature (°C)||10.1||10.7||14||16.6||20.2||23.3||24.6||24.7||23.1||19.6||15.5||11.5|
|Max. Temperature (°C)||21.1||22.3||25.2||27.9||31.4||33.7||34.3||34.6||32.5||29.8||26.3||22.4|
Note: All the degrees are up for a slight chance due to sudden unexpected changes in the climate.
The Tourism in Sharm El Sheikh
The biggest reason for this is that the nightlife of it is developed, impressive, and modern. The number of international hotels and restaurants in Sharm El-Sheikh is huge. There is also a National Park that protects all kinds of wildlife animals and attracts tourists to enjoy breathtaking trips in Egypt.
Sharm El Sheikh Resorts
- The Blue Hole: It is located in the north (4 miles) of the city of Dahab. It is not only a dive site but also it is the most dangerous diving spot in the world.
- St Catherine’s Monastery: It was built between 548 and 565 by the order of Emperor Justinian I. It is the oldest Christian monasteries in the world.
- The Colored Canyon: It represents one of the most magical formations of rocks in the world. They vary from sandstone to limestone.
- Ras Muhamed National Park: It is a national park in Egypt. It is located 12 km from the city of Sharm El-Sheikh. It includes two main islands: Tiran and Sanafir.
- Mount Sinai: It is considered a holy site by Abrahamic religions. It is mentioned in the books of Exodus, the Bible, and the Holy Quran. It is the place where Moses receives the Ten Commandments.
- Naama Bay: It is a natural Bay resort that is considered the main hub for tourists.
- Red Sea Riviera: It is an eastern coastline along the Red Sea. It contains some resort cities of the western shore of the Gulf of Aqaba.
Best Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Snorkeling in the Blue Hole: It consists of moving along the coral walls surrounding the sinkhole, where you find butterflyfish, Thousands of sea Goldie take shelter around the coral, surgeonfish and some Red sea bannerfish.
- Riding a Camel Safari: Sharm is the best place to have a camel riding experience in the desert along the Gulf of Aqaba.
- Quad Runner Bike Adventure: It’s your best chance to fly through the sand dunes and enjoy the sunrise and the sunset and discover the beautiful area in the desert.
- Scuba Diving: Diving is an amazing adventure in Sharm, which is a swimming sport underwater with special equipment. It is interesting for both experts and beginners.
- Panoramic submarine adventure: That is a magical activity to discover the world below without getting wet. Sharm El-Sheikh is the best place to go Scuba diving in because of its beautiful attractions beneath the water.
- Mount Sinai Climbing: You have to go mountain climbing to get stunning views over Sinai desert and to get a whole tour of the place where Musa got his 10 commendations.
- Cairo Day Tour from Sharm El Sheikh: You can fly from Sharm El Sheikh airport to Cairo and enjoy one of the unforgettable tours in the land of mystery and legends where you can visit Giza pyramids, the Sphinx, the Egyptian museum and many more of the best things to do in Cairo.
You can also look at our Egypt vacation packages to witness all the best attractions of Egypt such as pyramids, temples, and tombs of Pharaohs, plus enjoy one of Nile cruises between Luxor & Aswan to explore the miracles of ancient Egypt.
Great vacation for 4 days in Cairo Egypt accompanied by an e...
4 Days / 3 Nights
An Incredible 5 days Cairo & Alexandria tour package to expl...
5 Days / 4 Nights
Explore Egypt's ancient wonders on a 6 days vacation to Cair...
6 Days / 5 Nights
Breathtaking 7 days Cairo, Luxor & Hurghada holiday to explo...
7 Days / 6 Nights
What Should I Wear While Being in Egypt?
You should wear whatever you want. It is advised to wear something light from cotton or linen, comfortable and put on sunblock during your time in Egypt in the summer and wear comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe to sustain the sandy terrain.
What to Pack for Your Egypt Tour?
You should bring a brimmed hat and sunglasses if you not used to the Egyptian sun &pack everything you could ever need and put in a small bag so you could move easily between your destinations.
Are All Nile Cruises Available at Any Time?
Yes, it is available all years. as the Nile from Aswan to Luxor takes three to four days of sailing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the total cost of 600$ and the Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan take four to five days in Saturday, Monday and Thursday for the coast of 650$.
Why book Trips in Egypt?
We have experience in vacation planning for more than 10 years & our staff consists of the most professional operators, guides and drivers who dedicate all of their time & effort create the perfect vacation. All of our tours are customized by Travel, Financial & Time advisors to fit your every possible need during your time in egypt. we always keep in mind that your safety & comfort are our main priority until you return home.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to travel to egypt, You will feel secure in Egypt as the current atmosphere of the country is very peaceful after the government took powerful measures like restructuring the entire tourist police to include all the important and tourist attractions in Egypt and construct an entire environment dedicated for ensuring the lives of all tourists.
What are Egypt's Visa Requirements?
They are very simples, If you want to apply for a Visa On Arrival that lasts for 30 days then you should be one of the eligible countries(check the link), have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and pay 25$ USD entry fee in cash. As for the E-Visa for 30 days, you should have a valid passport for at least 8 months, complete the online application, pay the e-visa fee then print the e-visa to later be presented to the airport border guard. You could be one of the countries eligible for a free visa for 90 days.
What is the Weather is Like?
The temperature of Egypt ranges from 37c to 14 c, Summer in Egypt is somehow hot and winter is cool and mild but sometimes it becomes cold at night. The average of low temperatures vary from 9.5 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 23 ¡ÆC in the summertime and average high temperatures vary from 17 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 32 ¡ÆC in the summertime while the temperature is moderate all along the coasts.
What is the Best Time of Visit Egypt?
It is known the best time to travel to Egypt is in the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze. You will also be notified a week before your trip if the weather is unsafe or if any changes have been made.
Should I Give Tips in Egypt?
It is totally up to you, but if you choose to you can tip the servers at your restaurant 5-10% by handing it to them directly and 5 Egyptian Pounds as a general tip of anyone.
Can I Enter the Pyramids?
Yes, you can enter the pyramids for the small fee of 20$.
How to Enjoy Egypt During Ramadan?
Ramadan is a special time of year for Muslims that should be celebrated by non-Muslims and feel the essence of the Islamic culture. You can fast with the Muslim or just observe but you are always welcome to join the celebrations and festivals.
Share Your Comment