Egypt is a great country that must be visited at least once in a life with your beloveds mainly because it is a cradle of ancient civilization and you will fall in love with every single destination you head to. You will get amazed by the glorious attractions and landmarks that you have the chance to visit while being in Egypt and you will witness the amazement of the ancient Egyptian history that is rich with dignified culture and mesmerizing events especially after achieving a wonderful balance between what is old and new. Egypt is a favorable destination for all tourists from all over the universe as it has all of what you need to enjoy the best vacation; whether you are an explorer who searches for antiquities or if you just want to relax on a beach and enjoy the amazing beauty of nature, Egypt has it all. As an American traveler, you may have lots of questions regarding the country that is filled with cultural gems and that is why we have included the most necessary things that may come to one’s mind and you can depend on it to be your travel guide to how to plan the perfect vacation ever in Egypt.
It is easy to see the reasons that attract so many people from the different parts around the world that make them come to enjoy Egypt’s beauty that is represented in the magnificent sands of the Sahara, the impressive two Temples of Abu Simbel, the iconic beauty of the artwork inside the tomb of Queen Nefertari in the Valley of the Queens, the mesmerizing Pyramids in Giza, the breathtaking ancient temples in Luxor that were dedicated to gods and Pharaohs, and lots of amazing splendors which draw people in droves from the different parts of the world. Simply put, we can say that Americans and other travelers can rest easy while visiting Egypt and they can enjoy a very safe trip as Egypt is one of the safest countries to visit in the world and tourism is rising in Egypt towards its former highs. Here are the main points that you may think of as an American traveler:
The Best Things to Do in Egypt As American Traveler
Egypt, in reality, is much more beautiful than Egypt that you have read about or watch on TV, it is just like a paradise on earth as it is such an integrated circuit where you can fill your passion with the whole incredible things you have always dreamt of. Here are some of the tiptop sites and things to do in Egypt you definitely should include in any of the itineraries you are about to confirm to check the best of Egypt.
1. Have A Visit to Giza Pyramids
This is one of the most amazing places you can visit while being in Egypt. Although it is one Complex, it contains some of the greatest and the best possible attractions which are the three majestic Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, and Mycerinus. One of those Pyramids is actually the last standing attraction from the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World which is the great Pyramid of Khufu. Those three pyramids were built as royal tombs to the most powerful pharaohs but they turned out to be the biggest identifying attraction in Egypt. The Giza Complex is guarded by the Mythical Sphinx that has a body of a human being “Khafre’s face” and a body of a lion and it faces the incredible Valley Temple which witnessed the mummification processes that the ancients were operating to the bodies of their dead and let them get prepared for their afterlife journey.
Everything you will find will lead you to a bigger secret and mystery that you will love the most especially if you got the chance to head to Saqqara Step Pyramid that was the first pyramid to be built by the ancient and also pay a visit to Memphis city that contains some of the oldest and the most unique attractions of ancient Egypt including the great statue of King Ramses II.
2. Explore the Amazing Attractions of Luxor City
The magical Luxor city was constructed in the spot of the oldest capital of ancient Pharaohs and it is practically an open-air museum for all people from around the world to enjoy its amazing landmarks that can be witnessed through having a lovely tour between the temples, tombs, and monuments that spread all over the city. You can head first to its east bank where you will be able to visit Karnak Temple and the Memorial hypnotic Luxor Temple. You can turn to the west bank where you will be able to enjoy a fascinating hot-air balloon in the early morning and then have a tour between the marvelous landmarks there including the amazing Valley of the Kings, the spacious fascinating Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the amazing Colossi of Memnon, the great Valley of the Queens that include the iconic tomb of Queen Nefertari, and so many other terrific spots to head to while being in Luxor that with no doubt will blow your mind.
3. Head to Cairo City Attractions and Nothing More
As an American traveler, you know that time is gold and you need to make use of every single moment while traveling abroad to discover new places and collect data about the culture & civilization of the country you are visiting and that is why a visit to Old Cairo will get your interest since you will find a wide collection of amazing antiquities & religious sites for both Muslims & Coptic to visit. While being in Old Cairo, you need first to head to the dazzling Egyptian Museum that contains some of the greatest artifacts and treasures ever found in Egypt since the days of the ancients just like the hypnotic treasures of the young Pharaoh Tutankhamun that were found in his tomb. After having your desirable tour, you can then head to the incredible Citadel of Salah El-Din to explore its entire parts and have memorable pictures and then head to the prestigious Mosque of Mohamed Ali that exists actually in the complex of Cairo Citadel. For extra enjoyment and for a more cultural tour, you can spend some time touring at the famous Al-Azhar Mosque, enjoying the staggering Sultan Hassan Mosque, climb the roof of Bab Zuweila, have an unforgettable tour at the charming Khan El-Khalili Bazaar that contains amazing shops and store that provide all of what you may need to buy.
You should also enjoy a fantastic tour to some of the greatest Coptic sites in Old Cairo including the breathtaking Hanging Church, the dignified Ben Ezra Synagogue, the prestigious St. Virgin Mary Church, and enjoy a free tour around the Egyptian avenues and streets to learn some of the most interesting Egyptian customs and traditions.
4. Head to the Elevated Aswan City
While being in Egypt, there will be another city rich in history and culture waits for your visit to have a spectacular tour around the land of the lovely Nubians and learn a lot about their culture and traditions. There are lots of marvelous sightseeing in Aswan that you will enjoy a lot after visiting including the remarkable Temples of Abu Simbel, the terrific Nubian village, the mighty tombs of the Nobles, the stately Botanical Gardens, have an unforgettable tour to Elephantine Island, enjoy a fantastic visit to the Unfinished Obelisk of Queen Hatshepsut and of course you need to visit the spectacular Philae Temple. For extra fun and enjoyment, you can have a terrific camel ride to the desert monastery of St. Simeon. You will never get bored in the beautiful city of Aswan.
5. Enjoy Magical Time Touring Around the Honorable Alexandria City
It is one of the rare cities all over Egypt that combines the beauty of a coastal city with the considerable monuments it has over its land that Americans really enjoy while touring around. It was founded by Alexander the Great and was the home to Queen Cleopatra. It contains some remnants of the rich amazing past that is depicted in its prominent architecture of buildings, gardens, citadel, attractions, and grand squares. Among the most distinguished sites that you should definitely visit while being in Alexandria are Pompey’s Pillar, the outstanding Alexandria Library, the magnificent Qaitbay Citadel, the hypnotic Catacombs of Kom El-Shoqafa, and of course, you need to take a laze to walk along the seashore Cornish, and enjoy the best types of seafood prepared in the most notable restaurant in the amazing bride of the Mediterranean Sea.
6. Have An Eminent Nile Cruise Tour
Having a Nile River Cruise tour is the most recommended tour in Egypt after a hectic trip to enjoy the ultimate relaxation tour while enjoying the best Egyptian sights. You can choose the type of Nile Cruise you want to be accommodated at and then you will have lots of Nile Cruises to choose from and the most interesting thing is that each Nile Cruise has its own website and lots of feedback from the guests who have been accommodated at. Nile Cruises are actually the most suitable & convenient way to visit the famed sightseeing in Upper Egypt especially while sailing the majestic Nile River and enjoying the beauty of the landscape all around you.
7. Enjoy A Tour to the Mighty Mount Sinai
This spot has an enormous religious significance as mentioned in the Holy Quran and also in the Exodus book of the Bible. You will enjoy the most in such a stunning place while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of Egypt. You will have the chance to hike the mountain and also witness the picturesque sunrise view in the early morning. It is such an amazing place to visit while being in Egypt.
8. Complete the Adventure With An Overnight in the White Desert
If you are an adventure traveler and love experiencing the beauty of nature, then a visit to the White Desert will with no doubt fill your passion with all of what you can imagine. You will be surrounded by white rock formations and there are also some amazing rock mountains that you can take fanciful pictures of. Moreover, you will meet the Bedouins who will welcome you in a very lovely way and assist you in exploring the beauty of their land as possible as they can.
General Tips For An American Traveler to Enjoy the Best Egypt Vacation
Egypt is a very safe country and just like any other country, there are some travel tips for Egypt you should put in mind to have the most satisfactory vacation ever in the beautiful land of Pharaohs and here are some of them:
- While being n Egypt, you need to avoid and crowds and demonstrations.
- You need to have with you travel insurance or at least medical insurance which should include medical evacuation.
- Keep reviewing the reports of safety and crime in Egypt before traveling.
- American travelers who usually travel abroad need to have a contingency plan for any emergency situations.
- If you need to get a taxi while being in Egypt, you need to ask the receptionist of your hotel to bring you one as hotels in Egypt usually have assigned taxis with professional drivers.
- If this is the first time for you to travel to Egypt, you need to do some research about the most recommended restaurants and cafés that serve good quality oriental and international food for tourists at good prices.
- You should definitely respect the faith of Muslims in Egypt and respect the places you are visiting and wear suitable clothes that match their traditions, especially for women. There is no dress code for tourists in Egypt but you need also not wear strange clothes in public in order not to get unnecessary interest.
- If you are going to travel to Egypt alone without letting a travel agency arrange your tour & accommodation, you need to tell your hotel your plans for example where do you intend to go, how long do you want to spend out there, and you also need to stay in direct contact with them for any emergency.
- Try not to drink tap water as it is not suitable for drinking but you can of course use it to wash your hands, clean your teeth or face. Instead, you can simply get mineral water which is available at any store and very cheap.
- As an American citizen, you can obtain your visa directly upon your arrival at the airport and it is actually cheaper than getting it in advance. It is also going to be a good chance to exchange some of your money in EGP so that you can get any necessary items.
- Sleeper trains aren’t much recommended in Egypt but if you have to, you need to have the reservation in advance to guarantee the availability.
- If you are going to travel from a city to another and you are searching for the most efficient way, you need to book domestic flights and this is the best way for such internal transfers and it also needs to be booked in advance to guarantee the availability and the best possible price.
- Regarding your accommodation, you will find all types of hotels that you can be accommodated at starting from the 3* up to the 5* high luxury hotels. You just need to determine your budget to be able to get what you are looking for.
- If you have any questions or an inquiry about anything, you can ask the receptionist at your hotel and he will gladly assist you to know all of what you want.
- If you have the chance to join a group tour to Egypt, then it is going to be a much better thing as you will share the experience with your beloveds in addition to enjoying the special discounts that are offered to groups at restaurants, hotels, and anywhere. If you are going to reserve with a travel agency, then, they will offer you and your group the best tour price in comparison with the price that is quoted for solo travelers or even couples.
- Tipping is something normal in Egypt and it is given to the ones who offer you satisfactory services just like the taxi driver, the bellman, the tour guide, and so on. Feel free to give gratitude with the amount you want as there is no specific amount or limit to the money relating to tipping.
- Try some Arabic Egyptian expressions that you can use with people who don’t speak English just like: La Shokran which means “No thanks” – Ahlaan which means “Hello” – Izaayak which means “How are you? – Forsa Saida which means “Nice to meet you” – Ma’arafsh which means “I don’t know” – Bttetkalem Ingleeezy which means “Do you speak English?”
- Remember that the admission fees to the different Egyptian sites are paid in the Egyptian pound so you need to exchange some of your dollars upon your arrival.
- It is much recommended to get a local SIM card with you right upon your arrival in Egypt so that you have access to the internet during the whole time without waiting to have access at the WIFI of your hotel or Nile Cruise.
- If you felt that someone is being so pushy on you, don’t hesitate to head to the tourist police and ask them to assist you.
- Felucca rides are such interesting things to experience while being in Egypt but if you want to book it, you should ask your hotel to book a one for you as there are some captains who ask for extra money on the way back or even take you to a different place than the one you have agreed on so be careful.
- Make sure that you don’t book very early arrival flights or very late departure ones as the check-in time at the hotels in Egypt is at 14:00 and the check-out is at 12:00. If you would like to have an early check-in or a late check-out, you will have to pay an extra supplement.
- Bargaining is so normal in Egypt and you should show your skills while buying anything from the public souks in Egypt as sellers expect that and they give a higher price from the beginning to finally make a deal with you.
- Be prepared with the necessary items with you before you travel to Egypt especially your medicine and personal items in order not to waste any of your time searching for them.
- It is recommended to wear sensible footwear while visiting the ancient Egyptian sites and that high heels aren’t recommended at all.
- Photography isn’t allowed in some tombs and specific rooms in the Museums and you should ask first about the places that allow it.
- Flying drones aren’t allowed in Egypt even if you are just going to carry it without evening using it so make sure not to bring it with you as it will be taken from you upon your arrival.
- It is highly recommended to book your tour in Egypt with a professional travel agency as they know much better than anyone about the best places to visit, the safest places to tour around, the most recommended hotels & Nile Cruises to stay at, and they will also provide you with clever expert tour guides and professional drivers to accompany you during the whole time. We will be more than happy to arrange any tours you want in the land of Pharaohs at really tempting prices.
What to Avoid While Being in Egypt??
There are some necessary Egypt’s cautionary elements to keep in mind in the order you guarantee that you will enjoy a real safe tour and among those elements are avoiding isolated places. The main tourist sites in Egypt are highly protected and there are high-security measures taken on each spot but regarding the isolated places, you should simply avoid them. Among the most, not recommended spots in Egypt are the Sinai Peninsula and it is advised against by both the US and the UK governments. There is tourist activity in that area in addition to ongoing military operations through the Egyptian Armed Forces. However, there is one amazing sanctuary on its southern tip that tourists come from all over the world to visit which is the resort of Sharm El-sheikh. The Western Desert is also not recommended with the Libyan border area for reasons related to danger and instability
Extra Tips For the Things You Shouldn’t Do in Egypt
- Avoid not researching about the culture and the attractions of Egypt before coming as you will feel lost that way and you will miss a great part of entertainment and exploration.
- Avoid not hiring a tour guide with you in the tourist spots.
- Make sure you travel to Egypt with a currency converter app.
- Avoid buying gold from a local store and without doing lots of research.
- Avoid walking alone at night in the Egyptian streets.
- Avoid not packing appropriate medicine.
Breathtaking Egypt Vacation Packages For American Travelers
Traveling to Egypt is a really amazing thing to do whenever you get the chance whatever your nationality is and wherever you come from. It is the home to all people around the world and opens its hands to host tourists at any time to enjoy its magnificent beauty so take the chance whenever you get it and start a lifetime adventure in the land of Pharaohs with us to have the ultimate fascinating tour through our Egypt vacation packages.
Great vacation for 4 days in Cairo Egypt accompanied by an e...
4 Days / 3 Nights
An Incredible 5 days Cairo & Alexandria tour package to expl...
5 Days / 4 Nights
Explore Egypt's ancient wonders on a 6 days vacation to Cair...
6 Days / 5 Nights
Breathtaking 7 days Cairo, Luxor & Hurghada holiday to explo...
7 Days / 6 Nights
Share Your Comment