Marsa Alam is the best resort town on the Red Sea in Egypt that is known for its sandy beaches and beautiful Coral Reefs. Among its unique beaches, there is Abu Dahab beach that is famous for its amazing turtles that you can see while driving. There are also some other attractions in Marsa Alam such as the Temple of Seti I at Khanais and the gorgeous Emerald Mines. Here is all the information you need to know before arriving Marsa Alam:
Marsa Alam City
Marsa Alam History
Marsa Alam used to be a sleepy fishing village but the area around it has a very interesting ancient history. Gold and emeralds were minded in the barren and the road leading from Marsa Alam west to Edfu in the Nile Valley follows an ancient route that was originally built by Ptolemy II. Phosphate mining is considered today to be the main industry of the area.
Marsa Alam Location
Marsa Alam Climate
The climate of Marsa Alam is a subtropical desert. It is sunny most of the day and in winter the weather is pleasant but it can be a little bit cold for swimming so it’s actually based on the day but in summer it’s very hot and sunny. The temperature of the Sea is cool and makes it a very exciting activity in Marsa Alam. Here are the average temperatures of Marsa Alam along the year:
|Avg. Temperature (°C)||18.6||19.4||21.4||24.2||27.9||29.5||30.5||30.8||29.3||27.4||24||20.1|
|Min. Temperature (°C)||13.2||13.8||15.9||18.7||22.7||24.3||25.5||26||24.4||22.3||18.7||14.8|
|Max. Temperature (°C)||24.1||25.1||26.9||29.8||33.1||34.7||35.5||35.6||34.2||32.6||29.3||25.5|
Note: All the degrees are up for a slight chance due to sudden unexpected changes in the climate.
Best Time to Visit Marsa Alam
The best time to go there is between the middle of March, the middle of April, between the middle of October, and the middle of November as during this time you can enjoy a warm-weather “Not So Hot & Not So Sold“.
Best Attractions in Marsa Alam
- Abu-Dahab Beach: It is a rare sandy beach in Marsa Alam, where you are surrounded by magical reefs and amazing cafes & beaches that are close to most hotels in Marsa Alam.
- Wadi El-Gamal National Park: It is a place where you can have a visit to the ancient emerald mines and the ancient Egyptian Temple.
- Sharm El-Luli Beach: It is described as the earthly paradise where you can enjoy beautiful reefs, amazing weather, and astonishing turtles.
- Hamata Islands: They are fringed with gorgeous coral reefs, white sandy beaches, and special Lagoons.
- Sataya Reef: It has clear crystal waters and suits divers and snorkels. There is a lot of marine life that you can discover there.
- El-Quseir Town an Castle: It is the oldest town on the Red Sea that contains an amazing harbor and a fancy Ottoman Castle.
- El Qulan Mangrove Forest: There you can see the Mangrove trees and enjoy the beautiful wild Lagoon. It is a magical place of nature, where you will see little Bedouin children who live and work around the coast.
- Emperor Divers Marsa Alam: It is a place where you can have boat diving and visit the dolphin house. There you can explore the best sites of diving on the Red Sea.
Best Activities to Do in Marsa Alam
- Scuba & Diving: is the best way to explore the world below and it doesn’t need much effort to do, just some practicing and you will be professional.
- Snorkeling: In Marsa Alam, you can dive with professional divers with gorgeous white Dolphins.
- Desert safaris: you can enjoy a fantastic sunset trip by taking quod bikes that allow you to explore the terrific deserts of Marsa Alam.
- Submarines: lets you explore life underwater without getting wet.
- Trips to Luxor and Aswan from Marsa Alam to get into the real-life of the Ancients through visiting the temples of the Ancient Egyptians.
- Trips to Cairo from Marsa Alam, the capital city of Egypt, where there many attractions just like the great Pyramids and the Valley temple.
- Nile Cruise from Marsa Alam, which is your best chance in life to enjoy both culture and entertainment that take you into another world. All of these activities you can find in our Marsa Alam day tours.
Wonderful day trip from Marsa Alam to Cairo by plane to cast...
Live the adventure through our full-day trip from Marsa Alam...
Don't miss the chance to explore the beauty of Cairo through...
2 Days / 1 Night
What Should I Wear While Being in Egypt?
You should wear whatever you want. It is advised to wear something light from cotton or linen, comfortable and put on sunblock during your time in Egypt in the summer and wear comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe to sustain the sandy terrain.
What to Pack for Your Egypt Tour?
You should bring a brimmed hat and sunglasses if you not used to the Egyptian sun &pack everything you could ever need and put in a small bag so you could move easily between your destinations.
Are All Nile Cruises Available at Any Time?
Yes, it is available all years. as the Nile from Aswan to Luxor takes three to four days of sailing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the total cost of 600$ and the Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan take four to five days in Saturday, Monday and Thursday for the coast of 650$.
Why book Trips in Egypt?
We have experience in vacation planning for more than 10 years & our staff consists of the most professional operators, guides and drivers who dedicate all of their time & effort create the perfect vacation. All of our tours are customized by Travel, Financial & Time advisors to fit your every possible need during your time in egypt. we always keep in mind that your safety & comfort are our main priority until you return home.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to travel to egypt, You will feel secure in Egypt as the current atmosphere of the country is very peaceful after the government took powerful measures like restructuring the entire tourist police to include all the important and tourist attractions in Egypt and construct an entire environment dedicated for ensuring the lives of all tourists.
What are Egypt's Visa Requirements?
They are very simples, If you want to apply for a Visa On Arrival that lasts for 30 days then you should be one of the eligible countries(check the link), have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and pay 25$ USD entry fee in cash. As for the E-Visa for 30 days, you should have a valid passport for at least 8 months, complete the online application, pay the e-visa fee then print the e-visa to later be presented to the airport border guard. You could be one of the countries eligible for a free visa for 90 days.
What is the Weather is Like?
The temperature of Egypt ranges from 37c to 14 c, Summer in Egypt is somehow hot and winter is cool and mild but sometimes it becomes cold at night. The average of low temperatures vary from 9.5 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 23 ¡ÆC in the summertime and average high temperatures vary from 17 ¡ÆC in the wintertime to 32 ¡ÆC in the summertime while the temperature is moderate all along the coasts.
What is the Best Time of Visit Egypt?
It is known the best time to travel to Egypt is in the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze. You will also be notified a week before your trip if the weather is unsafe or if any changes have been made.
Should I Give Tips in Egypt?
It is totally up to you, but if you choose to you can tip the servers at your restaurant 5-10% by handing it to them directly and 5 Egyptian Pounds as a general tip of anyone.
Can I Enter the Pyramids?
Yes, you can enter the pyramids for the small fee of 20$.
How to Enjoy Egypt During Ramadan?
Ramadan is a special time of year for Muslims that should be celebrated by non-Muslims and feel the essence of the Islamic culture. You can fast with the Muslim or just observe but you are always welcome to join the celebrations and festivals.